Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Short Short Camp 2 Story for the Day



"So do you want the top bunk or the bottom?"  Cinder said with a mischievous smile. 

"Aw come on!  You know I'm afraid of heights!"  I shot back immediately followed by a whomp in the head with my pillow. 

"Oh, I see.  So that’s how it's gonna be!"  Cinder said taking aim. 

That was all it took for an all out pillow fight in cabin 10.  Unfortunately our fun was cut short when the cabin counselor came in.  "Okay girls, that's enough.  I have some rules we need to discuss before the camp meeting.  First, my name is Shelly and I am going to be your cabin counselor for the summer.  If you follow my rules then we'll all get along just fine.  I'll be brief.  No fighting, swearing or gum chewing in the cabin.  Lights out at nine pm and that means no talking.  Everyone is out of bed by seven am and at the breakfast table by eight.  And finally, there will be no boys in this cabin…ever.  Understood?  Good.  The camp meeting will start in about 10 minutes so let's get down there.  C'mon, c'mon, move it.”
"Boy, she’s no fun at all." I grumbled. 

"Hey stop moaning.  This is going to be our best summer yet, don't you worry Melina.  No camp counselor is going to ruin it."  Cinder said tucking her arm through mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment