Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Short Short Camp 8 Story for the Day


 
“Cinder, I don’t know about this.  I think I’m going to throw up.”  I muttered darting a quick glance at the boys. 

“Oh Melina, relax.  You’re the best soccer player on the school team, you’ll be just fine.  Trust me.”  Cinder smiled and put her arm around my shoulders.

“Melina I want you playing center halfback and Cinder you play right full back.  Okay, you all have your positions now let’s go get ‘em!”  Jenny said.

We cheered and rushed off to take our spots on the field.  Jonas was the goalie and Shane was the center forward.  My heart was racing a mile a minute as I rushed to take up my position behind him.  I loved to play halfback because that meant I was playing offense and defense so that I never would be out of the action.  I was surprised that Jenny had picked me to play that position instead of a boy.  ‘Girl power!’  I thought with a smile.  When I looked up to see Shane smiling at me I instantly blushed and looked away.  Had I been staring at him all this time?  Oh, great, now he probably thinks I’m a freak or something. 

Charlie blew the whistle said.  “Okay, let’s remember the rules and have fun.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment