Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Short Short Camp 5 Story for the Day



The next morning came with bright warm sunshine.  Shelly yelled at us to hurry up and wash up or we'd be late for breakfast and have to clean the hall again.  The mere mention of cleaning made us spring out of bed and hurry to the bathroom.  We ran from the bathroom all the way to the hall and made it just in time. 

Cinder and I looked at each other and said, "Phew!" in unison.  Then we promptly burst into giggles as we took our place in line for food. 

"Geesh, I thought you two were gonna be late for sure!" Jeannie said. 

Cinder smiled.  "Naw, we just like to make an entrance". 

I nodded in agreement.  Breakfast was filled with laughter, chatter and semi-edible food.  We had to make some craft type thing afterwards.  It had macaroni, glitter, colored paper and sand all attached to a paper plate in some fashion.

"I like to refer to it as art from my abstract period."  Cinder stated when the counselor asked to see our project.

We got an hour break after craft time.  Cinder and I took our prized projects back to our room and leaned them on the windowsill.  Then we decided to walk the beach and talk about our latest favorite subject…boys. 

"I think Jonas likes you."  I teased Cinder. 

"Of course he does!" Cinder replied.  "He's pretty cute though, huh?" 

"I think Shane seems kind of nice." I said.  Cinder laughed and gave me a shove.

“I’m going to beat you to soccer.”  I said sprinting ahead of her.

“Oh, I don’t think so.”  Cinder quickly caught up to me and we raced together to the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment