Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Short Short Camp 10 Story for the Day



“Great job everyone.” Jenny said after we came back from shaking hands with the other team.  “Okay, our next game is in a few days so let’s have a practice tomorrow at 10.  See ya then.” 

Cinder gave me a hug as we headed back towards camp.  We had won 3 to 2 and everyone was in high spirits.  It was almost time for dinner and we definitely didn’t want to be late so we rushed to the dining hall without changing out of our sweaty clothes. 

At the table was Cinder, Chloe, Alice, Jeannie and me.  We talked and giggled the whole time which was a good distraction from the less than appetizing food.  When we got back to our cabin we cheered at the sight of mail.  My mom wrote me a letter every other day telling me about what was happening at home.  There was never anything too exciting but I loved reading them anyway.  Chloe’s mom had sent her another care package and lucky for us, she always included plenty to share.  I grabbed a chocolate fudge brownie and two chocolate chip cookies before climbing up onto my bed to read my letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment