Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Short Short Story for the Day


All that stands between me and whatever flesh eating, limb tearing, disemboweling, freaky monster outside are these fake wooden blinds and a thin pane of glass.  What should I do?  The curiosity is killing me but the monster would finish me off for real.  That hideous snarling, the clicking of those razor sharp claws, the snuffling snort of that snot encrusted snout.  Maybe just a quick peek, open and shut before it notices.  No.  No!  I can’t do it.  But that creature, it could be one of those mythical beings and I could sell a picture of it to the tabloids and make millions of dollars and…well, you never know.  Ok, I’ll just slide my phone between the slates and take a quick picture.  That way it won’t see me and maybe the flash will blind it and scare it away.  Good idea.  Alright.  Careful.  Ok, good.  There we go.  Oh, wow.  That didn’t scare it away at all.  It sounds even worse than before.  Well, here goes.  I might as well see what I’m dealing with.  What?  That can’t be right.  A Chihuahua?   Seriously?  I gotta lay off those horror films.    

No comments:

Post a Comment