Monday, September 10, 2012

My Short Short Camp 3 Story for the Day



At the meeting, the camp director recited about a thousand more rules as most of the campers rolled their eyes or nodded off.  Cinder and I were searching the crowd for boys. 
 
"He's kind of cute, what do you think?"  Cinder said. 

"No he's too skinny.  I’d look like an Amazon."  I said shaking my head.  "Hey what about him?"

 "No, he's got braces.  Can you imagine kissing someone with braces?  I heard that this girl was kissing her boyfriend one time and he got his lip caught in her braces and they had to go to the hospital to get it out.  I think he ended up getting stitches and everything."  Cinder always had good stories and what made them more interesting is that I could never tell if they were true or not. 

"What do you want to sign up for?"  Jeannie asked.  She was one of the girls in our cabin.

 "Hey, let's sign up for soccer."  Alice suggested. 

"Yeah, I bet a lot of guys will be signing up for that."  Cinder said.  We looked at each other and smiled.  Soccer it was.

"Let’s go for a swim."  Alice said and we rushed off to get our swimsuits. 

We were only thirteen and our interest in boys was just starting to grow.  We still didn't quite know what to do with them.  I mean, none of us had ever been on a real date before.  And Cinder was the only one who had been kissed but it was only done on a dare.  So we put on our swimsuits, grabbed our towels and raced down to the lake.  In no time we were splashing away with the other kids.  It was just starting to get a little dark when we heard the dinner bell.  We dashed back to our cabin, partially dried off and put our clothes on over our swimsuits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment