Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Short Short Camp 14 Story for the Day



“Cool practice today, huh?”  Jonas said.

“Yeah.  It was so hot today I was gonna melt.”  Cinder took another bite of her sandwich.

“Oh, I know.  It was horrible.”  I added.

When I looked up Shane was looking at me and smiling.  I blushed bright red and quickly looked away.  The others continued to talk but I was feeling more and more self conscious as I noticed how clingy my clothes were and that I was starting to shiver a little.

“Can I take that for you?”  Shane asked.

I looked up and saw him holding his hand out for my plate.  I smiled and handed it to him.  “Thanks.”  I said.

We all stood up and waited while the guys took the dishes back inside.  Cinder nudged me and grinned.  “We have to go practice for the talent show.”  Cinder said nodding toward the music hall.

“Yeah, we’re scheduled to practice tomorrow.”  Jonas said stepping up next to Cinder.

Shane fell in step with me and we all walked to the music hall in no particular hurry.  “Have you guys decided what you’re doing yet?”  I asked Shane giving him a quick sideways glance.

“I don’t know.  We’ll probably just go with The Police or Van Halen or something.”  Shane said shrugging his shoulders.

At the music hall we stopped and Cinder grabbed my arm.  “We’d better get going.  See you guys later.”

We waved and went inside moving to the window near the door to watch them walk away.  We giggled as Jonas punched Shane in the arm, then Shane punched him back which lead to a punching match as they walked away down the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment