Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Short Short Camp 6 Story for the Day



By the time we got to the field most of the other girls and boys were already there.  After a few minutes of trying to show off our juggling skills, the girls coach, Jenny, called us in. 

"Okay, take a seat.  Charlie and I have talked about it and we thought it might be fun to have co-ed soccer this summer.  What do you think?"  Jenny asked. 

Almost immediately the girls cheered and giggled.  Jenny smiled then walked over to chat with Charlie for several minutes.  She returned a short time later with Charlie and the boys in tow.  It would have looked funny to an outside observer.  The girls on one side giggling and smiling, pretending to be shy and bashful.  The boys on the other side trying to act cool and tough, like they couldn’t care less about the girls.  Just then I felt a tug on my sleeve. 

"Hey, Melina look who's there."  Cinder whispered pointing towards the boys. 

I followed her finger to see Jonas and Shane amongst the boys.  I turned beet red and looked at Cinder horrified.  She laughed so hard that I finally had to laugh too. 

"Relax.  I'm sure they probably won't even be on our team."  Cinder reassured me with a pat on the shoulder. 

I tried to act calm but there were a million butterflies in my stomach.  Charlie and Jenny talked for a little while then called everyone together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment