Friday, November 2, 2012

My Short Short Camp 29 Story for the Day



The nurse worked quickly wrapping my arm and putting it in a sling. The pill she gave me worked great, making the throbbing stop.

You have to move this as little as possible. And you can't sleep on it.” She secured the sling and helped me off the table. “And take these only when you absolutely need them. If the pain gets to be too much, come get me.” This last part she directed at Cinder.

We will.” Cinder took my arm like I was an invalid. “Thanks.”

I could only smile at the nurse as we walked out. “I'm hungry.” I said pushing aside how tired I was.

We have to go see the director first. Then we can see about food.” Cinder lead me to the director's office which was only a few doors down from then nurse's office.

Our knock was quickly answered. “Come in.” The director was seated behind his cluttered desk with a phone in one hand. He motioned us to sit down. “Yes, I will. Just a moment. She just walked in.”

I took the phone from him and held it up to my ear. “Hi.” I cleared my throat as it suddenly felt very dry.

Honey, are you ok?” My mom's voice was wonderful.

Yes, I'm alright.” I relaxed a little.

Are you sure you don't want us to come get you?” I noticed the concern in my mom's voice now which made me start to doubt my decision.

I looked at Cinder and her smiled reassured me. “No, I'll be ok. It's only for one more night. Besides the show is tomorrow and I can't let everyone down.” I said hoping I sounded more sure than I felt.

Alright. But call us anytime if you change your mind. Ok?” I knew it was hard for my mom but she didn't press any further.

Thanks Mom. I will.” I smiled. “I love you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment