Friday, November 30, 2012

My Short Short Story for the Day



The rain splattered down in big plops on the sidewalk as I rushed across the street. I tugged my collar closed hoping to block the chill out. 'When will this rain stop.' I muttered yanking the coffee shop door open and stepping into the warmth. I walked to my usual spot putting my bags on a chair before taking my damp sweatshirt off and draping it over the back of the chair. I paid for my water and made small talk with the girl behind the counter. 'They are always so cheerful here.' I thought walking back to my chair. It's nice to be greeted on such a chilly, blah day with a smile and a friendly word. I sat down, cracked open my water and took a long drink. Tightening the cap I set the water back on the chair and pulled out my laptop. Within a few moments it was up, running and ready to go. I looked at the blank page with my fingers hovering over the keys. I stared for several minutes. Nothing. I sat back, took another sip and replaced the cap again. Setting the bottle down I leaned forward and placed my fingers on the keys. And......nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment