Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Short Short Camp 34 Story for the Day



I was repacking my stuff when Cinder came in looking a little flushed but happy. I elbowed her and she only laughed. About an hour later our parents arrived and everyone rushed to meet them. There were hugs and laughter and talking. My parents asked about my arm but I shrugged it off. I didn't want my last day at camp to be sad so I ignored the discomfort. I took them to my cabin first to show them where I slept and introduce them to the other girls. Then we went to the craft hall to see all the art projects. Next I took them to the lake and told them about our team jumping in that super hot day and how much fun that was. I let my gaze wander across the lake and down the sandy beach to rest on the docks. The docks where Shane kissed me just last night. I started to blush at the memory and quickly turned away.

Let's go. I'll show you the soccer field.” I said hurrying ahead hoping the blush would disappear before my parents noticed.

As we walked across the field I told them about my team and how Cinder and I got to be together. The happiness turned to sadness but I brushed it aside.

Oh, look. We should head to the auditorium now. Almost show time.” I grabbed my mom's hand tugging her along. My dad laughed and fell in step with us.

I led them to their seats then went around to the back looking for the other kids from my cabin. It wasn't too hard to find them as Cinder was jumping up and down waving her arms like a maniac. I laughed and made my way through the pack of kids.

When's our turn?” I asked.

Oh, man, we have to go second. Can you believe it?” Alice whined.

I know. That stinks but at least we aren't first.” Cinder said. “Besides, this way we get it over with pretty quick then we can relax.”

That's true.” I said feeling the butterflies start to flutter around in my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment