Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Short Short Camp 32 Story for the Day



I could feel his hand so close to mine and I wished with all my might that he would reach over and take it. My mind was racing with questions, thoughts, feelings that I wanted to share with him but I couldn't make the words come out. My cheeks started to heat up under the blush that wouldn't stop. I had to say something, anything. This might be the last time I ever see him. Of course that thought just made my heart flutter faster and my mouth go dry. Hurry, say something. Now's your best chance. I turned to face Shane without moving my hand, still hoping to accidentally brush against his. Focus Melina. It was a struggle but I brought my eyes up to meet his. He smiled and I relaxed a little and smiled back. I took a deep breath and was about to speak when he leaned ever so slightly towards me. I froze. Could he be...? Is he trying to...? Really? Right now?

Shane hesitated for a moment then leaned over and kissed me. It was quick but enough to make me forget whatever it was I was going to say. I stared at him in shock, pleasant shock. He smiled a little then looked down at his hands. I couldn't believe it, he was being shy. I smiled at the thought. How sweet. I looked down at my hands still smiling.

That was...nice.” Shane's voice was soft.

Yes.” I wanted a witty comment but nothing came to me. “You're really nice.”

Really, that's the best I could come up with. I wanted to smack my forehead.

You, too.” Shane gave me a quick look.

Hey you two! What're you talking about?” Cinder clomped down the dock squeezing in between us.

Nothing.” We said in unison then burst out laughing.

Cinder gave me a look but kept quiet.

We should head back.” Jonas said.

We nodded and walked slowly down the path back towards the camp. Nobody spoke except for a quick goodbye at our cabin.

I didn't know what to say to Cinder. There were too many feelings and not enough words so we lay silently in our beds until sleep came.

No comments:

Post a Comment