Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Short Short Camp 27 Story for the Day



I landed with a thud and the pain shot through my arm. I knew something wasn't right but I couldn't seem to think straight.

Melina? Melina?” Cinder was kneeling next to me. “Can you sit up?”

I stared at her dumbly wishing the fog in my brain would clear. “Huh?”

Come on, we have to get her back to camp.” Shane was kneeing on my other side now.

I'm ok.” I pulled myself to a sitting position and nearly passed out. “Whoa. Maybe not.”

Jonas was standing in front of me. “I'll run back to camp and get help.”

Yeah. Go ahead. And hurry.” Cinder said. “It's ok Melina. Just relax.”

Jonas took off running and I closed my eyes. What happened? I tried to piece it together but the pain was too much and now I was feeling sick to my stomach. I just wanted to be home in bed.

Her arm is definitely broken. We should check to see if anything else is.” Cinder's voice was full of confidence. I had always admired her take charge attitude.

Ok. We shouldn't let her sleep either. Should we?” I could feel Shane's hand touching mine and I so desperately wanted to enjoy it.

Yes, you're right. Did she hit her head? I can't remember.” Cinder touched my cheek. “Melina, open your eyes.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment