Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Short Short Camp 26 Story for the Day




I stretched up reaching for the nearest branch and braced my foot against the tree trunk.  With a heave I pulled myself up and started to climb.  I concentrated on my footing and handholds ignoring how high up I was getting.  After several minutes I was to the top.  With a proud smile on my face I looked down.

“Woohoo!”  Cinder yelled waving her arms.

Shane and Jonas both were smiling and clapping as well.  I felt great.  My heart was beating strong but not from fear.  I did it.  I made it to the top.  Silly curse.  What did they know about it anyway.  I looked around at the beautiful view.

“Hey Melina!  Come on down now!”  Cinder waved to me.

“Ok.  Ok.  I’m coming.”  I said full of confidence. 

I grabbed the tree trunk and stretched my foot down to the nearest branch.  Once it was firmly in place I stretched my other foot down and moved my hand as well.  Reaching I grasped the next branch and again stretched my foot down.   As I settled my foot I stretched my hand and a sudden crack preceded the feeling of floating.  I didn’t even have a chance to grab at anything.  It all happened so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment