Monday, October 8, 2012

My Short Short Camp 23 Story for the Day



In the morning Cinder looked like her usual cheerful self but I could see a touch of sadness in her eyes.  I never was good at hiding my emotions so all day I had to endure the same question over and over.
 
“What’s wrong Melina?”  Our soccer coach asked at practice.
 
 “Nothing.  I’m fine.”  I said not wanting the attention.  I did catch Shane’s eye for a moment and he gave me a quick grin that I couldn’t resist and found myself smiling in return.
 
 The next few days were a busy blur with final soccer practices and final rehearsals for the summer end show.  And of course all campers were expected to help decorate the hall for the show.  We were all so tired by evening that we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow.  Thursday morning we were up early eating a light breakfast because it was the soccer championship game today. 
 
 The game was close but we won in the end.  Shane made the winning goal with my assist.  Afterwards we celebrated by throwing ourselves into the lake fully clothed.  We changed then ate a quick lunch before heading to the Hall to finish decorating.  Flopping into bed that night, we were so exhausted that even Cinder and I didn’t have enough energy for our usual chat.  Only a few more days until the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment