Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Short Short Camp 24 Story for the Day



Friday was our free day this week since Saturday was the big show and Sunday we were all heading home.  Early Friday morning Cinder led us to the boys table.
 
“So, are we getting together today for one last adventure?”  Cinder asked.
 
“Yeah, definitely.”  Jonas said.
 
“Any place in mind?”  I asked.
 
“Well, I heard about this crazy old tree that nobody has managed to climb.”  Shane said.
 
“That doesn’t sound too tough.”  Cinder stated.
 
“Ah, but this is no ordinary tree.  It has very few branches and it’s…alive.”  Jonas whispered in a spooky voice.
 
Cinder and I laughed.
 
“No, seriously.  It’s cursed.  Something bad will happen to anyone who tries to climb it.”  Shane said.
 
“No way!”  I said almost believing him.
 
“Ok, don’t believe me.”  Jonas said with a shrug.
 
“Yeah, right, we’ll be there.”  Cinder said.  “Just to prove you wrong.”
 
“Great!”  Shane and Jonas replied in unison.

No comments:

Post a Comment