Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Short Short Camp 21 Story for the Day



After our hike that day, the four of us decided to meet every Sunday morning and to explore the surrounding area.  The summer was flying by and we were having the best time of our lives.  Cinder and I carefully ignored the fact that she was moving at the end of summer.  We’d be going our separate ways.  I hated the idea so I pushed it out of my thoughts. 

Instead I turned my thoughts towards Shane who was just about the most perfect boy.  He was so cute and taller than me, which didn’t happen very often.  He loved soccer and basketball.  He was a good runner but didn’t run all the time like I did.  That was ok, though, because he ran track and liked it well enough.  And most of all, he actually liked me.  He listened to me talk and shared things about himself.  I’d never spent so much time with a boy.  I even stopped blushing all the time, well, for the most part.
 
Cinder and Jonas were getting along really well, too.  I liked Jonas.  He seemed to be able to match Cinder’s self confidence and wit, which was a first.  Most boys were in awe of Cinder and more than a little intimidated by her quick and clever thinking.  All in all, I was pretty happy as our final week of camp approached.

No comments:

Post a Comment