Monday, September 2, 2013

My Short Short for the Day



“Heel Whiskers! Heel!” Melody yelled.

“Honey, Whiskers is a little too young to understand what you're saying. She needs some more time to learn all these new words.” Erin gently touched her daughter's shoulder. “If you use a calm voice then Whiskers will listen to you better.”

“Ok Mommy. I'll try.” Melody took a deep breath and let it out slowly, then knelt down next to her mini pig and petted its head softly. “Ok, Whiskers. You need to walk next to me. It's not safe for you to walk ahead because I can't protect you that way. You also can't ever go out of my sight. That would be very naughty. Do you understand? Good girl.” Melody hugged her little pig who snuffled her cheek.

They walked along and Whiskers tried her best to stay near Melody but there were just way too many new things to see and smell that sometimes she forgot and pulled ahead.

“Whiskers.” Melody spoke firmly and Whiskers would immediately stop and look back at her. “That's my girl. Now walk with me. Don't tug the leash please.”

“That's very good Melody. I think Whiskers is improving already.” Erin said.

“Thanks mom.” Melody beamed. “I told you a mini pig would be the best pet ever!”

No comments:

Post a Comment