Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Short Short for the Day



Noodles typed rapidly on his computer. I've reached this strange planet. It took several minutes for my breathing to adapt but I'm ok now. I will begin my search soon. The beings here are huge but not invulnerable. My first mission will be to find my partner, Trouble. His last transmission was to inform me he had landed safely in the littlest beings room. I will report again once mission one is complete.

Noodles jumped off the table and ran across the carpet out of the living room. He paused for a moment looking at his two options. After some quick calculations in his head he bypassed the kitchen and headed down the hall. He skidded to a halt when a faint familiar scent tickled his nose. Trouble. He turned left and hurried through the door running directly into the littlest being. He immediately froze.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” The little girl knelt down to pick up the little toy. She looked at him and smiled, then placed him in the dollhouse. “You can go play with the dollies.”

“Honey, bath time.” The voice came from a nearby room.

“Coming Mom.” The little girl hurried out of the room.

Noodles sat up and looked around. No sign of Trouble so he climbed out of the small house and ran across the carpet. He checked in every drawer, basket, box, everything but found no sign of Trouble. Where could he be. Noodles scratched his head when he heard a loud snuffle sound coming his way. What was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment