Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Short Short for the Day



“I don't know.” Sidney said slowly getting to her feet.

There was a soft sound and Sidney bolted out of the room. She rushed into the other bedroom and threw herself on the floor.

“Are you ok Sweetie?” Sidney reached in to grab her daughter's hand.

“Yes, Mommy.” Ginny's voice was very soft and she was clutching her stuffed unicorn. “I'm scared.”

Sidney helped her daughter out and pull her into her arms. Ed sat on the bed still looking confused.

“What happened?” He finally said.

Sidney snuggled Ginny close in her arms. “I feel asleep on the couch. The click of the door closing woke me up. I was a little dazed at first but I saw two shadows go by. I grabbed the dumbbell. I didn't know what else to get. They went into our bedroom so I stopped at Ginny's and told her to hide under the bed. Then I went to our bedroom and they were whispering. I couldn't tell what they were saying. I just lunged at the closest one. I know I hit him but then...it's like the light came on and they disappeared.”

Ed tugged at his beard looking downward, staring at nothing in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment