Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Short Short Story for the Day



“Hey!  Come on.”  Clea laughed.  “Just one picture.”
“Nope.”  Josh said blocking the lens with his hand.
“Please?”  Clea stepped back and refocused.
“No.”  Josh held up the newspaper in front of his face.
“Aw, why not?”  Clea plunked down in the chair.
“Because.”  Josh peeked over the paper.   “I don’t like having my picture taken.  I’ve told you that.”
“But why?  I don’t understand.”  Clea pouted. 
“Growing up, we had our pictures taken every time we stepped outside.  Three, four, five photographers at a time.  All right in our faces.”  Josh set the paper down.  “It was the norm for us but I hated it.  By the end of High School I was so sick of the intrusion that I decided to get lost in Europe for the summer.  My first taste of anonymity.  It was great.  Since then, I vowed to live camera free.”
“Oh, alright.”  Clea sat up and set the camera aside.  “You win.”

No comments:

Post a Comment