Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Short Short Story for the Day



“What are those pink things on your feet?”  Mom asked.
 “Well.”  Ellie said.  “They’re ice skates to help me whoosh across the icy lake.  The hallway is actually an icy lake.  Yay!  I’m safely across.  Now they are hiking books so I can climb over the mountain.  This, the…the rug here is a mountain.  And at the top I need skis to slide down the mountain.  Now they are roller-skates so I can skate to town.  I need to go shopping.  I need to get groceries.  See the couch…I…I…I mean the store has all my food and toys and all kinds of stuff.  Now they’re shoes so I can walk home.”  Ellie yawns big, stretching her arms over her head.  “Now they’re slippers so I can go night night.”

“Wow.  Those are amazing slippers.”  Mom said hugging Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment