Tuesday, October 13, 2020

My Short Short for the Day

“Ok Molly, you have one wish.  You can wish for anything you want.  Anything.  What would you wish for?”  Sally sat crossed legged on the bed, leaning forward, eagerly awaiting her best friend’s answer. 

“Anything?”

“Anything!” 

“Hmmm?”  Molly tapped her chin thoughtfully.  She looked up, staring at her poster of Despicable Me.  Smiling as she remembered the movie.  Wishing she could have been Agnes or better yet, Edith.  How fun would that be to live with Gru in that spooky old mansion and have all those gadgets and inventions and such to play with.  And to have all those little minions as friends.  They were so cute, especially Bob.  He was the most adorable.  “Wait!  I know.  I’d wish for Bob!  That’s my wish.  I would wish that I could have the real live minion Bob!”

Sally looked up at the poster and burst out laughing.  “That would be so awesome!”  She climbed off the bed and the two did a silly little happy dance.

“I know, right?!”  Molly collapsed on the bed.

“Oh, but then Bob would get lonely.  Maybe you should make your wish for a whole bunch of minions?”  Sally started pacing.  “You could wish for the Gru house and all the minions and gadgets and everything that goes with it!”

“Yes, or maybe wish for that cool house from the 3rd movie with the whole island and all of those adorable piggies!”  Molly grabbed a book and started flipping through the pages.  “Here!  I could just say I wish for everything in this page to be real with me as the ruler instead of Dru!” 

“Yeah, that would be even better.  Let’s see, what other pages are there.  Maybe there’s a better one with more things.”  Sally sat down beside Molly as they excitedly flipped through the book.

“See George, they just love to read.”  Molly’s mom smiled smugly as she peeked into the room. 

“Sure looks like it.”  George agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment