Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Short Short for the Day



So my daughter and I were talking about Star Wars yesterday. I told her I had seen the original movies when I was a child. That I wanted to marry Luke Skywalker and have Yoda as my best friend. I even spent hours trying to will them (with my mind) to come to my house and take me off into space to visit all those strange planets and meet all the exciting people. Especially to have all those fantastic adventures I had seen on the big screen.

She said, “You could have married Yoda and then had me.”

I smiled and said she would have looked very cute with the long pointy ears and the green skin. We had a good laugh.

This afternoon I thought about that conversation some more. What would happen if I had a child with someone other than Harley's dad? Obviously she would look different, but would it still be Harley's spirit? Would the essence of what makes her her still be there?

No comments:

Post a Comment