Wednesday, September 9, 2020

My Short Short for the Day

 “Congratulations!  You have freed me from the magic lamp so now you have 3 wishes.  But remember, choose wisely as you can not undo a wish once it has been spoken.  Oh, and of course, you can’t wish for more wishes, you can’t make someone fall in love with you and you can’t kill anyone.” 

“Wow!  Are you for real?”  Dillin stared up at the genie.

“Yes, I am. Now, what would you like for your first wish?”

“Oh, oh, I wish I could have a ton of money!”  Dillin shouted.

“Your wish is my command!”  The genie waved his hand and a ton of money dumped on the ground in front of Dillin.

“Wait, is that all?  I wanted more than that.”  Dillin pouted.

“That is exactly one ton.”  The genie smiled.  “What is your next wish?”

“Hmm?”  Dillin scratched his head.  “Well, oh, I know.  I can’t wish for someone to fall in love with me, right?”

“Right.”

“Ok, then, I wish I was hot!”  Dillin’s smile was very smug.

“Your wish is my command!”  The genie waved his hand and Dillin became hot.

“Hey, wait, whoa!  I didn’t mean that kind of hot.  I meant good looking hot!”  Dillin screamed as he ran to the pond, throwing himself in.

“What is your final wish?”  The genie smiled.

“Yeah, yeah, just a minute.”  Dillin slogged out of the water.  “I have to be smart about this one.  Hmm?  Oh, I know.  I wish I could start over.”

“Your wish is my command!”  The genie waved his hand with a smile and disappeared.

“Congratulations!  It’s a boy!”  The nurse gently placed the baby in the new mom’s arms.

“Look honey!  Isn’t he beautiful!”  The mom gushed.  “I’m going to name you Dillin.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment