Saturday, December 12, 2015

My Short Short for the Day


“You’re gonna do what?!”  Herb asked never taking his eyes off the towering waterfall.  “Are you kidding me?”

“No, man.  Not kidding.”  Scar said grinning.

“But that’s gotta be hundreds of feet.”  Herb shook his head.

“422 feet to be exact.”

“But that’s…that’s just crazy.” 

“It’s gonna be awesome!”  Scar turned and walked back to the car.  “You coming?”

“Yeah, yeah.”  Herb turned and shook his head.  “I’m coming.”

They drove in silence until they reached the path.  Then they hiked up the trail, sweating in the muggy heat.  As they reached the top, the sun was starting to begin its descent.

“Ok, here we are.”  Herb stated as he dropped his backpack on the ground.

“Yup.” Mischief sparkled in Scar’s eyes.

“So you’re really gonna do it?”  Herb asked looking over the edge.

“Yup.”  Scar took off his clothing, leaving only his shorts.  “Ready?”

“I should be asking you that.”  Herb tried to laugh.

“Dude, you’d better get going.  I want this all captured on camera and I ain’t gonna wait forever.”  Scar handed his clothing to Herb.

“Yeah, I know.”  Herb stuffed the clothes into his bag and hoisted it onto his back.  “Ok, Dude.  See you down below.”

“3 sharp, I’m jumping.”  Scar said.

“I know, I know.  I’ll be there.”  Herb clapped him on the back then headed back down the trail.  He had to move fast because he know Scar wouldn’t wait and if Scar did this jump, it would make an awesome video.

It only took Herb 45 minutes to get back down which left him 15 minutes to set up the camera.  He was done with 5 minutes to spare.  He looked through the camera at the top of the falls and saw Scar waving, then giving a thumbs up.

“Here we go.”  Herb muttered to himself as Scar launched himself off the edge of the cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment