Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Short Short for the Day



When I say go, we rush into the kitchen and get under the table as fast as possible.” Eddie explained. “The table cloth looks long enough to hide us.”

Lou's smile dropped away. “But what if Santa catches us?”

Don’t worry. Just do what I say and you’ll be fine.” Eddie stated.

When Santa bent over to pull more toys from his bag, the two elves rushed to the kitchen and slid under the table cloth.

Phew! We made it!” Eddie whispered.

I don’t think I can take much of this racing around.” Lou panted.

Eddie patted Lou on the back and smiled. “You stay here, I’ll grab the cookies.”

Eddie peeked through the table cloth then quietly slipped out. Lou could hear a few noises above him then Eddie slipped back in with a handful of cookies.

“Here, give me the bag.” Eddie said. “Santa is almost done.”

I get the red one, right Eddie?” Lou asked licking his lips.

Yes, here you go.” Eddie handed his friend the cookie slathered in red frosting and green and red sprinkles. Eddie quickly packed the rest of the cookies into the bag and zipped it closed.

Mmmm! That was good! Can I have another one?” Lou begged.

We’ve got to go.” Eddie said sneaking another peek under the table cloth “Santa's going to leave without us if we don’t hurry.”

Aw. Just one more.” Lou whined. “Please?”

Okay, here, you little piggy.” Eddie said tucking the cookies into his pocket.

Lou nodded his head as he quickly munched the cookie leaving only a small smudge of frosting on his chin. His wiped it with his sleeve before looking up at Eddie.

Santa is coming so be very quiet.” Eddie explained.

But I thought you took all the cookies?” Lou asked.

I had to leave him one. He needs some energy for the long night ahead.” Eddie replied. “As soon as he sits down, we’ll rush back to the living room and jump back in the bag.”

Okay Eddie, I’m ready.” Lou said. “But won’t he notice his bag is a little heavy?”

If you wouldn’t have eaten so many cookies we wouldn’t have to worry.” Eddie replied peeking under the table cloth.

But….but…” Lou stuttered.

Let’s go. Follow me!” Eddie whispered tugging Lou’s sleeve. They slipped under the table cloth and darted to the living room. As soon as they spotted the red sack by the fireplace, they climbed in and closed the opening.

Ooooh, I don’t feel so good.” Lou moaned.

Quiet, you don’t want to get caught do you?” Eddie scolded.

No but those cookies had too much frosting on them. I feel sick.” Lou moaned holding his belly. They braced themselves as the bag started to move.

Brr! We must be outside again.” Eddie whispered rubbing his hands together for warmth. The bag rustled and settled down on the back seat as the sleigh swiftly glided off the rooftop and into the night air.

No comments:

Post a Comment