Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Short Short Story for the Day



It was a beautiful morning. The sun shining, a soft cool breeze and no smog. I drove my van up into the hills above the smog layer so the air was clear. How blue the sky looks when the smog isn't blocking it. I parked my van in the dirt area where a couple other cars were resting after the long drive. I climbed out and took a deep breath of the freshness. With a smile on my face I walked across the parking lot to the dirt path and soon found myself at a small pond. The sun glinted off the green water. I could see movement a few feet out and quietly watched. Soon a turtle poked its head up out of the water. I forgot about the camera in my hand as I watched the turtle swim towards me, climb up on a branch and stretch out for a sunning. I heard a splash nearby and followed the sound. I came to a tangle of trees and saw several ducks paddling around in the shady water. I looked into the branches and spotted some ducks resting a few inches above the water. I continued to look around and saw a couple ducks much higher up in the trees. This time I remembered that my whole point of coming was to get some pictures. Pulling out my camera I clicked away. Now to get back to enjoying the beauty before me, surrounding me. Breathe in the fresh air, feel the warmth of sun on my face. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment