Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Short Short Story for the Day



Max walked into the living room as I set the final piece of food on the table. Placing my hands on my hips, I turned to him with the sternest look I could muster. “Did you get it?”

“Yeah.” He swung his backpack off his shoulder and unzipped the top. “See. What do you want it for anyway?”

“Well, because we'll need it where we're going.” I replied with a huff. “Let's see it.”

With a shrug he pulled out the prized possession. I nearly snatched it out of his hand but quickly caught myself. “Good.” I slowly took the item from his hand and gently placed it on the table. “Ok. Let's divide up the food then we can get going.”

Max reached for a banana but I grabbed it first. “No. I'll do it.” I opened my backpack and put in the strawberries, oranges, watermelon, pasta, cookie, brownies, carrot, lettuce and ice cream.

“Hey, I want some.” Max whined.

“Ok. Ok. Here, you get these things.” I put the potato, butter, bologna, frozen veggies, goat soup, bananas and french fry. When he looked away, I stuffed the rest of the food into my bag and zipped it up.

“Now we can go?” He asked zipping his bag and slinging it over his shoulder.

“Yes, we're ready.” I said carefully hefting the pack onto my back and adjusting the straps. “We're going out into the desert to find water. We may not make it back alive.”

“Coooool.” Max said.

No comments:

Post a Comment