Wow! That's a bit intimidating to see the numbers so low already. It doesn't feel like it's been so many days gone by now. Yikes! Well, the heat wave finally broke, for a short time, recently which means I was able to get out for some outdoor exercise, finally! I've been trying to get some walking in when I can but yesterday was the first long walk I've done for weeks. It felt so good to get out and really get my body moving. It's not the same as running or jogging, however, it's at least progress. I know the heat is coming back, tomorrow, I think, so I've got to figure out some way to keep the momentum up without having physical issues caused by the heat.
Now that my second part time job is set to start soon, I'm hoping that all the new adjustments to my schedule are in place and I can settle into a more steady routine. Being forced to be flexible and adaptable is hard but I've always liked a challenge and this one is no different. I just have to make sure that my laziness doesn't push me towards the easier route, which usually means making excuses to put something off until later. That can't keep happening since I'm running (pun intended :) ) out of time for laters. 268 days sounds like a lot but not when I think about where I'm at in my training and where I want to be.
I was watching this tv show and one of the lead actresses has great arms and she happens to be close to my age (in real life). So I looked up to see what she did to keep her arms in such great shape. Her solution was to incorporate exercises into her daily activities. For example, doing something like squats while brushing your teeth. This sounded like a great idea, so I printed out my different strength exercises and put them up around the house in places that I go to multiple times a day. I put the push ups near the kitchen so while dinner is cooking, I can get in some pushups. I put another exercise by my jewelry box where I get some earrings out every morning and put them away every night. And great news, it's working. I have my warm up exercises by my bed so first thing in the morning I do my warmups and I feel pretty good starting my day. I'm not up to 3 sets a day for each exercise but I am getting more reps in on a more regular basis than I was before, so I call that a win! I'm going to keep this up and work on being more conscientious about getting all 3 sets in each day. It feels do-able now, so woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment