Great news! I've been doing what I mentioned last week, having different exercises around my home to do throughout the day, and it's working great! Yay! There are a few that I forget to do sometimes but they are the ones that were for a cool down, so I think it's ok that I don't always remember them. I'm mostly happy about the idea that I'm doing the exercises on a lot more consistent basis now so hopefully I'll notice some improvement in my strength soon.
Also, so more potentially great news! I've decided to join a local running club to hopefully find inspiration and motivation. Unfortunately, last Saturday was my first time and they didn't have it because there was an Open House type event happening at the Senior Center (that's where the running club meets up). On the positive side, though, I did meet one of the people in charge of the running club and got to talk with her for a little bit about it. I also found out that she's a certified coach, too. Hmmm? Maybe she can help me get in shape faster and better than doing it on my own.
And, the temperatures have finally dropped so I can get back outside for my walks. And even better is that my favorite walking buddy is finally agreeing to start walking again since it's not quite so burning hot! With any luck, it won't get so hot again until next summer. Wishful thinking, I know, but a girl can dream, right? Oh, I almost forgot, I also bought some new running sneakers. Asics brand are my running shoe of choice. I'm really happy about these, they feel very comfortable and came in a cool, light blue color and weren't super expensive...for a running shoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment