Monday, March 11, 2013

My Short Short Story for the Day



For anyone who has ever wished for a super power, beware. It's not always as great as it may seem. You see, I have a super power so I know what I'm talking about. I was born with it, my dad is a scientist and created some kind of super vitamin that he had my mom take while she was pregnant. It was only supposed to make her very healthy, which it did, but there was a side effect he hadn't counted on. I learned of my uniqueness when I was 5. My baby brother was about 2 months old at the time and I was very upset that they spent so much time with him. Every little thing he did was sooooooo cute that I just got pushed aside. So one night I went into his room to reason with him but as you know, babies are clueless.

I stood by his crib looking at him through the bars. “I wish you were a puppy.”

There was a quick flash of light and poof, my baby brother was gone and a cute, little puppy was sitting in his crib staring at me. I couldn't move. I was scared, happy, anxious and mad all at once. I didn't know what had happened or what to do. The puppy took matters into his own hands, er, paws and yipped. My parents came on the run. My mom gasped and nearly fainted.

My dad was calmer and knelt down beside me. “Honey, what happened?”

“I wished he was a puppy, but I didn't mean it. Honest! I'm sorry!” I wailed.

“It's ok, honey. Just wish him back.” Daddy looked so calm and he was patting my back.

“Ok. I wish my baby brother was back.” I said choking on the sobs.

Another flash of light and poof, my baby brother was back. My mom quickly checked him over for any signs of puppy and hugged him tight. My brother was smiling and making happy baby noises.

My dad hugged me. “You did good kiddo.”

No comments:

Post a Comment