Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Short Short Story for the Day


Move fast.  Can’t let him catch me.  Where can I go?  Is he still back there?  Don’t look!  Don’t look!  Keep moving!  Gates locked.  How do I get out?  Gotta hide.  Here.  No, no…too much light.  Where?  Where?  Is that him?  Is he…?  No don’t look!  Have to keep moving!  Oh, God!  Please!  Help me!  Someone!  Anyone!  The dumpster.  That’s big enough.  Have to reach it.  Almost there.  The elevator.  Faster!  He’s coming.  Safe.  My breathing.  It’s too loud.  Slow it down.  Have to slow it down or he’ll hear.  Calm.  Small.  Quiet.  Footsteps getting closer.  No.  He can’t hear me.  He doesn’t know.  He doesn’t know.  Oh, please, somebody come.  Please.  Help me.  Please.  Please.  No.  Don’t find me.  Shrink smaller.  Quiet.  Don’t move.  No.  Walk away.  Please go.  No.  No.  No! 

No comments:

Post a Comment